Monday, April 14, 2008

Sunday


So, yesterday our family tried out a new church. We had gone there on Wednesday to check out, but we also wanted to see how things went on Sunday. It was very nice. I am actually a little saddened to be looking for a new church, since I really enjoyed our old one. But, sadly, the pastor is retiring and the service times were changed to the afternoon and it was difficult for us to make the adjustment. We have been going to one other church also, but I am thinking that we may have the one we'll be attending regularly. We'll see. It's called Lawrence Street Chapel, based off of Calvary Chapel Ministries. Check out the great website: http://www.lawrencestreet.org/index.php

It is truly the Lord who introduced this church to me because I was in the copy room at the school where I was doing some observation for my degree, and this woman and I began chatting. I have been bringing my newborn son with me and she had made some comments about his name (Solomon) and the name of his brother (Neftali) and how they were good biblical names. Keep in mind, I am thinking that there probably weren't many (if any) Christians at this school because Eugene is a VERY secular place. But God proved me wrong and this woman, Tamara, began telling me about her church. Next thing I knew, I was telling my husband about it and there we were, sitting in the chapel on Wednesday evening. I had attended Calvary Chapel in Corvallis when I was at Oregon State University - and I LOVED it! Lawrence Street is pretty new with a growing membership, and still getting situated. It currently meets in the old location of a Gold's Gym, so there is some obvious remodeling going on. But the people are great and very friendly, and most importantly, they preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I'll keep you posted as to whether we decide to continue attending and make this our new home church.
P.S. The pastor even has a blog that he keeps - how great is that?! :o)

No comments: