Well, I guess it's official that I didn't get the job in Harrisburg. I never received a call (which I was told I would) and the only way I discovered that I didn't get it was by going on the district website and discovering that it was reposted. Oh well. I guess it wasn't meant to be.
But, I DID meet with my mentor teacher who will guiding me through my student teaching in the fall. I am SO excited! We are going to be a wonderful team and now, instead of being terrified and intimidated, I can't wait to get started on putting together my work sample! I am going to be teaching 3rd grade at a Spanish immersion school - that means the WHOLE day in Spanish! It will be fabulous.
Since I'm going to be a real teacher soon, I better get started on my professional wardrobe, right? So, on Memorial Day, my hubby and I and his two nieces (alongside almost every other American) enjoyed the holiday by taking advantage of sales. We drove 2 hrs north of Springfield to a little town called Woodburn and shopped the outlet stores there. I found some great stuff and Ann Taylor - and I have resolved to shop nowhere else. It is only at Ann's that I can find clothing the flatters my figure and fits just right. Now I just need to open a savings account just to save for her because she is not cheap! But she is worth every penny! :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment