Well, as I'm sure you may have imagined, I have been absolutely overwhelmed with student teaching. I did 100% of the planning for the month of October, and though it went well, I am completely exhausted! What a learning experience. I learn something new every day, and this experience has reinforced some principles that I already knew were true - time management is CRITICAL! (even when you don't feel like writing a lesson plan, DO IT!); be FLEXIBLE (if something isn't working, through it out and re-work the plan); and don't ever stop learning! I can see how it might be a challenge to keep up with the latest in technology and teaching ideas. But if the district offers workshops that will help sharpen your skills, go to them! They are probably the only opportunities you'll have to stay up-to-date. Besides, it's not like you have a bunch of free time after you get home to do your own researching. All I do (at least it seems like) is get home and do more planning! But I DO enjoy it. It's just difficult right now finding a balance between my graduate program, lesson planning, and my family. If I were only a student (single with no kids), I know it would be a different story. But some times I just want to come home and crash, not think about the laundry, dishes, or preparing dinner. But I can't completely replace my wife and mother hats for my student hat. I need to find a happy balance between them all. And that might be the most difficult piece of the bigger picture. But I'm slowly finding my way.
In celebration of fall and harvest time, we did take the kiddos to the pumpkin patch to select pumpkins. I wanted Neftali to experience the hay ride, and wandering through an ocean of orange gourds. It was so much fun, and even though rain was forcasted, it was the absolute perfect day! I love this time of year!
No comments:
Post a Comment