I am officially Mrs. Menendez, third grade teacher at Inter-American School. I signed and sent my contract to the director last week, and now I am anxiously waiting for further info about my position so that I can begin collecting supplies and classroom materials. We hope to move to Quetzaltenango in the next month or so. We have begun looking for an apartment or house that will accommodate our family (online). We met a missionary couple who has lived there for 10 years and who will be helping us keep an eye out for possibilities too. It's difficult to really look when we're not there, but God will lead the way - He has already been so faithful!
We celebrated Solomon's birthday last Monday. He is officially 1-yr old. Amazing! Where does the time go? The pastor of the church we attend came by with his family to join in the celebration. Solomon is walking up a storm, mostly with a little guidance from daddy or me. He is practically running...or at least he wants to. We took him to the pediatrician to get his MMR vaccination. He weighs a healthy 20 lbs 13 oz. He took it in the buns - but like a champ! He has been trying really hard to conversationalize, making attempts at "Shannon," "cracker," "hi," and "Danny."
Neftali is quickly approaching his 3rd birthday, and with it, the diminishing need for a nap in the afternoon. Much to my dismay, as that means I don't get one either. But his sweet little smile and our quiet times together the last couple of days while the rest of the house sleeps have been precious. What a little man he is becoming!
1 comment:
Congrats on your teaching job that is great! I can't wait to hear how it goes.
Wow! Your boys are growing up too fast.
They are so cute.
I hope that you guys stay safe down there. Love ya girl!
Post a Comment