The last few weeks have really allowed my husband and I to think about how blessed we have been to be able to travel and spend this extended time with his family and friends in Guatemala. The experiences here have been unforgettable. But as the school year in the States comes to a close, all I can think about is how much I long to be preparing for the school year to come - in the States. I cannot deny that I am beginning to greatly miss some of my dearest friends. I also miss being in the classroom. As does my sweetheart - but he misses coaching soccer even more. So, after much praying and searching, we have decided to change up our plans a little and tentatively investigate returning to the States by fall. His grandma still needs much care, so our return will be pending we are able to find someone to help out. But in the meantime, I am scouring the websites and school district postings in search of my first teaching job. I believe that I found my dream position. I submitted my application and all the necessary documents. Each time I review the school site, I long to be the newest addition. The closing date for applications is June 2nd, so I will be fervently praying for a phone call. I am trusting the Lord to work out the details. We'll see what exactly He wants for our family. And while we wait, and continue praying, we will enjoy every moment we have to be together as a family, to be able to experience the beauty of our surroundings, and to share in the rich culture and food. After all, "To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven..." Ecclesiastes 3:1
Saturday, May 30, 2009
More changes ahead?
The last few weeks have really allowed my husband and I to think about how blessed we have been to be able to travel and spend this extended time with his family and friends in Guatemala. The experiences here have been unforgettable. But as the school year in the States comes to a close, all I can think about is how much I long to be preparing for the school year to come - in the States. I cannot deny that I am beginning to greatly miss some of my dearest friends. I also miss being in the classroom. As does my sweetheart - but he misses coaching soccer even more. So, after much praying and searching, we have decided to change up our plans a little and tentatively investigate returning to the States by fall. His grandma still needs much care, so our return will be pending we are able to find someone to help out. But in the meantime, I am scouring the websites and school district postings in search of my first teaching job. I believe that I found my dream position. I submitted my application and all the necessary documents. Each time I review the school site, I long to be the newest addition. The closing date for applications is June 2nd, so I will be fervently praying for a phone call. I am trusting the Lord to work out the details. We'll see what exactly He wants for our family. And while we wait, and continue praying, we will enjoy every moment we have to be together as a family, to be able to experience the beauty of our surroundings, and to share in the rich culture and food. After all, "To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven..." Ecclesiastes 3:1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I pray everyday things go smoothly for you.I know how hard it is down their and i also know what a rich life you can live with the right money and job! i wish you guys the best in what ever you choose...Of course i might encourage you to come to the states sooner...lol
~chelly
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I pray you will find a joy here in the States. I love you!
Post a Comment