Even though this year was quite different from years past, it was certainly a Thanksgiving to remember. My husband is still with his family in Guatemala, wrapping up loose ends. He will be home with us soon, and we are all counting the days. To keep things simple (and since my kiddos don't eat THAT much), I just made some toasted ham and cheese sandwiches. We shared that together at a quiet table, while we listened to the rain fall steadily outside. Then we feasted on some homemade pumpkin pie. It was a delightful time with my boys, as they climbed into the bath tub, and then got into their snuggly paja

mas. The day came quickly to an end, and I sat in the tranquility of our humble home, giving thanks for my beautiful boys and amazing husband(whom I miss terribly!). I cannot wait for us all to be together again as a reunited family, to celebrate the true Reason for the Christmas season as Jesus' birthday is just around the corner!
(And one things for sure: even though I didn't cook a Thanksgiving feast, you'd never know by looking at my refrigerator! The love of my family and friends has filled the shelves with delicious Thanksgiving leftovers!)

No comments:
Post a Comment