The school year is in full swing. It's hard to believe that September is almost over. But is also a relief, since the first month of school is loaded with late evenings at school - and LOTS of meetings! The kids have already won me over, and I am eager to move forward into the adventures of second grade with them!
I am very blessed to teach at Sarah J Anderson Elementary. The enrollment is approximately 750 students! Huge for an elementary school! About half of those students are in the dual language program, and half in the regular ed program. The school is basically 4 times as large as the school I taught at in Eugene, so needless to say, there are many adjustments for me to make regarding the building, procedures, moving around, and other things in addition to the large number of students! But the staff is great and I feel very much at home. And I think I'm finally getting my classroom the way I want it... maybe. :)
Now to start preparing for conferences - only one month away!
No comments:
Post a Comment