Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to School




Today was the first day of in-service. I still can't believe that I am here. I am so excited (and a little nervous) about teaching I can hardly stand it. Tomorrow I'll be joining my mentor at a math workshop. From now until winter break, I am her shadow and will do pretty much everything she does. Today we worked on some more classroom preparations and talked briefly about one element of the work sample I'll be teaching. I am looking forward to later in the week when she and I will me with my program supervisor so that all details will hopefully be worked out and I will feel like I have a better plan of when I'll be teaching, what my role as student-teacher involves, and what my mentor's role involves as well. The reality of being so close to finishing my master's is still overwhelming...I nearly started crying in the car on my drive to school this morning. It has been a long - and not uneventful - road. I cannot believe that the end is so near. I am ready. Here we go!

No comments: