We got back Sunday evening at around 8pm after a delightful, yet tiring, three night-four day camping trip with my brother and his family. It was my brother's first time ever camping with his wife and four kids. What fun!
I love watching our kids play together. Maybe it's because he and I never had the opportunity to play with our cousins when we were growing up. Do we even have cousins? Who knows...but I am so thankful that my sister-in-law and I are such good friends, and my brother and husband get along well. There really aren't many things much more important than family. Except Jesus.
The Menendez tent, and the kitchen
We camped along the John Day River in eastern Oregon. Beautiful high desert country. I am so bummed that I wasn't able to take pics the first night during an amazing thunder-and-lightning storm. It was absolutely incredible! But instead of being able to sit back and watch, we took some safety precautions and loaded most of our valuables - including the kiddos - into the car (after just unpacking them!) and then crawled into the back of the van to wade the storm out. Of course, when we were ready to watch from the inside of the van, the storm had pretty much passed. Oh well. Just try to imagine the most brilliant bolts of lightning lighting up the WHOLE sky with all sorts of colors. Breathtaking.
No comments:
Post a Comment