
Even though I have been barely able to contain my excitement regarding our approaching adventure, I haven't been able to place why I'm struggling with melancholy this week. In the midst of my husband's birthday celebration, I remember that this day holds another important memory - it was the day my mother went to be with Jesus. She passed away seven years away this year, and it just as a friend once told me, it doesn't get any easier with each passing year. I yearn so deeply to share with her my excitement about Guatemala, about the way the Lord is preparing the way for my family. I wish I could be making plans with her to have her visit us this summer, as she always did desire to experience the rich culture of Latin America. I know she will always be with me...but it's just not the same when she isn't here in the flesh for me to call and talk to, see a movie with, or go to for a hug when I need one. I can only rest in the assurance that I will one day see her again. And as the Christian musicians Mercy Me sing in their beautiful song, "I can only imagine what that day will be like..."
1 comment:
I am so sorry my friend! I love you so much! I don't have any idea what you are going through without having your mom there with you every day, but I do promise that you will see her again.
You can call me any time! 541-733-4002
Keep in touch! Best wishes in your up coming adventures!
Post a Comment