Saturday, October 3, 2009

School




I can't believe we are already in October! Time flies by so quickly! Especially when you're a full-time working mother of 2 1/2! :) But things are so good, and I have really been enjoying teaching. Though I'm struggling with enforcing Spanish-only in my classroom, the kiddos are so excited about coming to school, and I do feel like I'm getting a grasp on planning. Yesterday, we had a guest speaker come and talk about trees (in English) and forest science. The kids were so engaged! And in the afternoon, she guided us all through the paper-making process. It was so great! When the kids get to school on Monday, they will each have their own piece of home-made paper. What a treat! I was even able to find a clip of "Planet Earth" on Youtube - in Spanish! that reinforced what we learned in English. Thank you Jane such a wonderful experience!

No comments: