Friday, February 12, 2010
40 weeks + 3 days
Amazingly, I am still pregnant. I had a check up today to see how things are progressing. My doctor is great and is not in any hurry, waiting patiently for nature to take it's course. And I'm glad, because I know that the likelihood of having interventions skyrockets when you are induced. But needless to say, I'm more than ready. I'm feeling pretty heavy and uncomfortable, and carrying Liam very low - lower than his brothers. My original due date, pre-ultrasound, was Feb 17th, so maybe that's closer to the real date he'll emerge. For now, I'm just thankful that he's healthy, his little heart is beating strong at 145 beats per minute, and I know that he'll come out when he's ready. Perhaps he is waiting until the 16th so that he can share his birth date with his brothers (they're Mar 16th and May 16th). I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Poor girl! Good luck! How long will your doc let you go overdue?
Hi there my friend... I hadn't seen anything from you in awhile and I was adding up on my fingers how far along you were and I thought,"Hm... wonder if Liam's here yet?" and lo and behold as of your post, not yet.
I continue to hold each and everyone of you up in prayer that God watches over you and gives you the strength this next week or so that you are going to need. I care about you guys so much and hope that everything goes super smoothly for you.
Besos a todos!
Carmen
Oh! And Happy Anniversary as well! I hit the send button on the other page before my mind remembered I hadn't written it down... Love you both...
Post a Comment