Monday, June 23, 2008

Milestones


I am continually amazed at how quickly the milestones are flying by as my two little boys are growing into little men. Neftali, my oldest, has decided that he is a big boy and has been using the potty for the last three days! We are so excited!! After hearing all sorts of 'horror' stories about not getting boys potty trained until no earlier than three (and even then, it's much harder with boys), I am so grateful that my little man has made this big decision at only 25 months! And check out his cool flames big boy underwear! Yes, I'm bragging, because I feel like the luckiest mom on the planet! And who wouldn't if they were me? :o) Sure, we're not home free yet...but my little boy is not such a little boy anymore. One thing I've noticed is that as exciting and these little victories and milestones are, they are also bittersweet, because the reality that they will one day be young men who are no longer as needful of their mommy brings a tear to my heart. Thank goodness that day is still many years away!



Solomon wanted to say hi, too. So here's an adorable clip of him cooing away. He is the most happy baby! (Sorry it's sideways...I'm still figuring out technology!) Isn't that the sweetest sound you ever heard?

No comments: