Monday, June 2, 2008

Vegetable Garden


I decided to try something new and plant a vegetable garden in my backyard this year. I have wanted to do so for quite awhile, but the potential maintenance issues and work involved has previously deterred me since I have a growing family and busy schedule. But this year, I decided to give it a try, especially since the people who owned our house before us had a garden in the same part of the yard for many years, and my neighbor says that it was very fruitful. Hopefully the ground is still fertile, and will ensure the success of my 'novice' vegetable garden. I sowed only a handful of starter plants in three rows. But I hope to reap some delicious tomatoes, cucumbers, snow peas, corn, and green beans. I hope to also add some strawberries and maybe blueberries this week. I can't wait to see fruit budding, though it's not supposed to start happening for at the earliest by the end of the month. I guess I'm just going to have to be PATIENT!!!

No comments: