Friday, June 20, 2008

Summer



I think it's fair to say that summer has finally arrived in Oregon! It resisted with all its might. But it could finally resist no longer - hallelujah! I am officially tired of the rain and enjoying every moment of the last few days of warm, sunny weather. It is days like these that I remember why I love Oregon so much. Yes, it rains here - ALOT. But if it weren't for the rain, it would be as green and beautiful as it is. And summers here are the absolute BEST. We have been talking about when we are going to take our first camping trip - I can't wait! It will be Nefty's second and Solomon's first. Daddy is pretty excited to take his boys camping. It must be every man's dream. :o) But until we pitch the first tent of the summer, Nefty is enjoying playing in his kiddie pool in the backyard. I think he's part fish. He LOVES water! Even though it's freezing cold! No matter to him. And he especially likes to splash our dog Chester (I doubt Chester minds).


The video is a peek at playful Nefty splashing in his pool, saying hi to his Grandma Elena, who is currently on a mission trip in MaeSot, Thailand. She'll be gone all summer and he already misses her tons. So hopefully, she'll be able to check the blog and enjoy the greeting from her little Neftali after a challenging day of serving the refugees and orphans whose lives she's changing daily.

No comments: